Due to our annual stock take, our trade counters and offices will be closed from 5pm on Friday 20th December 2013, re-opening at 8am on Frid…
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Salary: 20,000 – 25,000 dependent upon skills and experience
Reporting To: Marketing Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Usual working hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. There may be a requirement from time to time to start earlier or finish later. Weekend working may also be required occasionally.
Place of Work: Specflue’s Head Office in Sudbury. However, own transport is essential as you may be required to work from alternative locations when the need arises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Execution of the company’s marketing plan
2. Production of brochures, point of sale material, e-shots, direct mail and other forms of external communication
3. Ensuring consistency in branding at all times.
4. Writing of presentations for use by the external and internal sales team
5. Researching and writing case studies for Specflue, Thermal Integration and training
6. Production and distribution of internal communications
7. Evaluating competitor activity and recommending actions based upon findings
8. Planning and execution of a wide range of exhibitions.
9. Management of marketing leads and successful follow-up
10. Launching new products and the writing of technical briefs to support these
11. Writing PR articles and editorial to support the various product ranges
12. Copywriting content for marketing materials and websites
• An understanding of the flue, renewable heat and training market and associated legislation would be desirable but not essential.
• Experience of writing press releases
• Understanding and knowledge of social media
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop, would be desirable but not essential
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in working to tight deadlines and multi-tasking
• Excellent communication and creativity skills
• Effective time management and project management skills with the ability to juggle a wide range of competing demands
• Strong copywriting and proof reading skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
• Highly organised
The above outlines the main areas of responsibility, but it is understood that there will be a range of activities required to successfully undertake this role, and therefore this is not an exhaustive list. The emphasis will be to focus on agreed objectives/KPIs.
To apply for this position please email your CV directly to Louise Jones, Marketing Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
HR & Development Assistant
Accountable to: Head of HR & Development
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 per annum
Responsible for: Assisting the Head of HR and Development on an operational basis, to ensure that Specflue employs people with appropriate skills, knowledge and values; provides employees with appropriate rewards; ensures employees are developed to meet the Company’s requirements; develops an appropriate employment culture to ensure that employees are engaged; and deals with staffing issues which require the application of employment law.
Main Areas of Activity:
• Ensure all posts have a job description and person specification, and in conjunction with managers, keep these updated.
• Advertise vacancies internally and externally as appropriate, and liaise with recruitment agencies as required.
• Liaise with managers throughout the recruitment process, and interview when requested.
• Draw up all the supporting letters eg invitation to interview, offer letters, request for references.
• Ensure all eligibility to work in the UK/job related (eg driving licence) checks are done.
• Draw up employment contracts
• Create and maintain employees records
• Assist the Head of HR & Development with the establishment and maintenance of an internship and apprenticeship scheme
• Assist the Head of HR & Development to ensure that an appropriate generic induction programme is in place to support employees as they settle into the organisation.
• Keep induction material updated (eg organisation chart, company information etc)
• Ensure that appropriate induction documentation is completed and recorded
• Monitor probationary periods and liaise with managers in relation to training required during the probationary period, the confirmation of appointments, confirming these to staff as appropriate.
Pay and Benefits:
• Calculate annual leave entitlement and keep records update.
• Keep pay records updated
• Undertake pay and benefits benchmarking as required.
• Assist the head of HR with job evaluation exercises.
• Ensure that benefits are communicated to staff
• Assist the Head of HR with recognition awards
• Assist the Head of HR & Development to review HR policies annually and update where there has been a change to employment law.
• Ensure all employment information is kept up to date on the Intranet and ensure employees know where to find relevant information
• Ensure that the Employee handbook is maintained in a manner which promotes the Specflue employment brand
• Ensure all the paperwork for the appraisal scheme is completed annually, and collate all training needs for the year.
• Book external training courses
• Organise internal training courses
• Assist The Head of HR & Development with the evaluation of training
• Assist the Head of HR & Development with the management of the suggestion scheme
• Ensure that employee information is kept up to date on site/electronic notice boards
• Ensure employees are informed about new and updated HR policies.
• Be a member of the newsletter editorial team
• Collate monthly management cascade feedback
• Monitor sickness absence levels
• Work with managers to improve sickness absence levels where appropriate.
• Provide reports showing trends and benchmarking with the wider sector figures.
• Monitor turnover, and report trends.
• Investigate reasons for leaving and report back to the Head of HR & Development.
• Carry out all the processes in connection with our family friendly policies eg maternity leave, paternity leave, flexible working etc.
The above outlines the main areas of responsibility, but it is understood that there will be a range of activities required to successfully undertake this role, and therefore this is not an exhaustive list. The emphasis will be to focus on agreed objectives. This is a development post, and therefore the post holder will have a level of responsibility which will increase and which will reflect their experience and qualification.
• Educational level ideally minimum of A level standard or equivalent
• Basic HR qualification eg Certificate in HR or equivalent HR experience
• Able to undertake training to obtain professional membership of CIPD
• Excellent computer skills – word, excel spread sheets essential
• Good understanding of electronic communication
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills
• Experience in working in a fast paced environment, with a can do attitude
• Basic knowledge of employment law
• Good numeracy skills
• Good written communication skills relevant to a business setting.
• Good problem solving skills
• Demonstrates the values of the organisation
To apply for this position please email your CV directly to Marianne Inkpen - email@example.com